• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: lab-dad on August 04, 2010, 06:58:16 AM
I didnt know they had trailer parks in California?
-Mj
Marty... you obviously haven't been to Fresno, or anywhere else in the Central Valley for that matter. The refrigerators chained to the front porch next to the mouldy swamp cooler supported on concrete blocks lend them a somewhat picturesque air... ;D

Marc... better hope the guy isn't a recent transplant from Redneckville or Shit-Kicker Heights otherwise he'll be fixing it with concrete blocks and duct tape and using it again! Hopefully his insurance company will be contributing to the repair costs on your property. Placing a kraken in his next pool would have a retaliatory and entertaining effect... ;) ;D

Paul

Paul

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

TRAINS1941

Quote from: marc_reusser on August 03, 2010, 03:42:24 PM
Nothing like coming home from a long trip, and the next day having your neigbors P.o.S. above ground pool explode...all the water running down-slope into your yard. Luckily no visible damage to our guest house or garage.....but now all my grass and some of the plants are starting to die from the chlorinated water!! Just great! Who the hell still has these above ground white-trash bathtubs as pools in this day and age!????

....oh yeah..almost forgot "BROOM"!

YES BUT A GOOD EXAMPLE OF RUST!!!!!!

What a bad motorcyle sounds like Broooooom!Broooooooom!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

RoughboyModelworks

Very cool photo Ed.... thanks for posting.

Paul

jacq01

A matching car for Chuck's pump ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp2hdvGs2X4&feature=related

The name is Brum, brooooom, broooooom..........

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Craig_H

Heres something Different.

marc_reusser

OK..so maybe this is not exactly "Photo of the Day" material...but I couldn't think of where else to put it, since we dont have a catergory called WTF.

I was browsing the Terrapin site web-stats, when i noteced an nusal number of visits/hits from a site called INTERIOR DECORATING - FURNITURE DESIGNS http://inter1or.com/page/14/...noe this always concerns me a bit, because the Terrapin site is piggybacked on my business site...and since Interiors and furnishings do realte to what we do, I was curious what the heck was going on......well whenI get there, I scrolled about 2/4 of the way down the page, and what do I see....somone has posted/linked the image of the interor of Chuck Doan's 'Red Oaks Garage', as an ecample og a home garage workshop space! (See attached Screen Capture attached below)......now first I thought the poster might have been joking or trying to pull afast one on the blog....BUT NO!.....it is an honest to god serious post....they just didn not grasp that this was a MODEL!.

....so just because the circumstances were so amazing....I felt that this screen image in some way did qualify for Pic of the Day.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Definitely an intriguing machine Craig... Looks like one hell of a long secondary chain drive - perhaps there's an idler shaft under the "seat boards." Proves once again that there is nothing new under the sun since this trike configuration is currently being manufactured and sold (can't remember the name of the company, but they are just about as butt ugly and ridiculous looking).

Paul

chester

Marc, why am I not surprised?

the other Craig

Hi all-first post here-keep your fingers crossed...

Here's one I thought Craig H.(you're the one who collects Mobil memorbilia?) might find amusing. It was on the remaining wall of a closed gas station near my home in Huntington Beach. Shortly after the photo was taken someone painted more graffiti on the wall and a few days later the entire wall was painted over hiding the poster. It is by an artist named Skullphone-skullphone.com-that's all the info I have. Enjoy

Younger

Marc, since it's connected to your business site, this may open up a whole new world for Debra! [big grin]
-Younger
-Younger

marc_reusser

For Paul....

...there is always this...

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Marc ,

Are you going to tell these people that they have posted a picture of one of Chuck's models ? I would love to see their faces when they are told .

So tell me , is the sort of stuff they are showing in their photos the sort of interiors that hip and happening people in the States have in their homes these days ? If so , all I can say is , yuk !

Nick

RoughboyModelworks

Gee thanks Marc...  ;D These both look like creations inspired by the consumption of a gross amount of Anheuser products... "Let's see, I've got an old big wheel and I've got an old chain saw.... I Know...."  I suppose we should be thankful the creator at least removed the cutting chain...

Paul

eTraxx

;D
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"