• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 07, 2010, 06:37:27 PM
Why do the words "the south" and "dweller of a home with wheels" come to mind when I see this? ;D
Marc   "paddle faster, I hear banjos"

A mullet and trucker hat may also be involved...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Back in the late 70's and early 80's, the San Diego & Arizona tracks through Carrizo Gorge were more or less abandoned due to extensive storm damage, and I often hiked the tracks. On several occasions saw folks riding home built contraptions powered by lawn mower engines, running on wheels like those but with circular metal plates to act as flanges. Most had four wheels and a plywood deck, but otherwise were not much more sophisticated than the vehicle in that photo.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

JESTER

I took this a while back.

-

DaKra

one for the car nuts   :o

Chuck Doan

Just so long as he doesnt start singing...
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

JESTER

Quote from: DaKra on December 08, 2010, 11:44:22 AM
one for the car nuts   :o

Hey! That's Darrin's old car!!  :D

-

RoughboyModelworks

Now that is one fugly car... :P

Paul

eTraxx

Mexico City NG .. 1968

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Not the same one, but similar. The Bachmann model was patterned after FCM #12 which is currently owned by the Alder Gulch Shortline Railroad in Montana. Here's a bit of info on it:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=304182809161&topic=14208

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

NOTE: I have removed the O.T. posts.

M

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mabloodhound

Nice photo Chuck.   I just built one of the Banta kits and needed something to make it special.   This is perfect.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

NORCALLOGGER

Hi all,
I spent most of the day wandering around the yards of the Phillips Steam sawmill today.  It is winter and the mill is idle till spring so it is a good time to get some "texture" shots, I took about 50 picts and will share a couple of some paint texture that you folks all love so well. 
Thanks for taking a look
Rick

danpickard

I  was out camping recently at my brother-in-laws sawmill site in the Otway Forest, and went on a bit of a texture hunt myself.  Took a heap of reference shots, some a bit for cropped and artistic than others...here's a few.

The "brain" was my favourite...

Cheers,
Dan

W.P. Rayner

Courtesy of Shorpy we have this Jack Delano shot from January 1943 of the interior of a Chicago & Northwestern caboose. I particularly like the assortment of pinups tacked up on the walls and the note above the doorway that reads "Dining car in opposite direction."

Paul