• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

Here's another great shot from Shorpy. Yes, it's a main-line railroad, 1904, but it's from an 8x10 neg and it has some wonderful weathering texture references, particularly on the frame and running gear, well worth a look. The hi-res image is available from Shorpy.

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

And here's another for all the truck enthusiasts, again from Shorpy, the Crack Groceries delivery truck from 1920. Seems to me you'd have some difficulty today promoting a store by the name of Crack Groceries... people might get the wrong idea...  ;D Is it my imagination or does the driver bear something of a resemblance to a certain member of this forum... ::)

Paul

marc_reusser

Neat pics Paul. The Crack truck would be right at home here in parts of LA  ;) ;D.

My photo for today has an "educational bent". ;D

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Marc, you really need to spend more quality time with your therapist. -- Russ

RoughboyModelworks

I'm inclined to agree with you Russ, though I am tempted to dig out my rollerblades... ;)

Paul

Philip Smith

forgot the red eyes from looking through the optivisor.
BTW, you ain't right. :)

marc_reusser

Today something for Ken Hamilton.  ;)

Anyone got any ideas on how the wheels were powered?

M-Works

marc_reusser

Here's one more view.....and two other potential projects.

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Marc,

I can't speak for other but for myself could you please stop this exquisite form of torture.

The tractor was bad enough.... really do like it, just need to justify the build! , but as you may remember a lot of my modelling life was centred on boats & yachts in particular so the last photo is almost completely mandatory to do something with !!

Thanks
Gordon
Gordon

marc_reusser

Gordon,

I'm glad I could help.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MR

M-Works

jacq01

Marc,

QuoteAnyone got any ideas on how the wheels were powered?

planetary gearboxes.... small output from differential and large gear on wheelhubs ( the large covered parts in the wheels)

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

Dang Marc, you post the coolest pics! I especially like that odd 4x4 tractor.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

scrappy1

this was taken in Port Colborne Canada just down the road from my house in 1978 during winter freeze up

RoughboyModelworks

Ah, the Welland... cool shot Scrappy. I didn't realize (or had forgotten) you were in the old country...

Paul

scrappy1

here's one looking toward the end of the canal entering lake Erie