• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Wow, what a beautiful car! The model's pretty easy on the eyes too.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mobilgas

Now here's a cool 8) window display  for Whistle Pop.    Craig H
Craig

eTraxx

I was sucking down a beer when I saw this .. came damn close to blowing it out my nose. Damn this is funny.

"What do you think was going through Billy Bob's mind?"

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

RoughboyModelworks

There's a prototype for nearly everything... if you were to build a model with a banister like this, the nitpickers would tear you apart. Apparently the carpenter didn't like to make angled cuts...  ;) It's interesting how visually disturbing it is... Photo by Frances B Johnston in Pender County, North Carolina, 1938. At that time house was said to be 200 years old. Photo from Shorpy.

Paul

MinerFortyNiner

Quote from: eTraxx on November 10, 2010, 05:01:11 PM
I was sucking down a beer when I saw this .. came damn close to blowing it out my nose. Damn this is funny.

"What do you think was going through Billy Bob's mind?"

Heh, I nearly spewed my coffee all over my monitor.  Look at the faces of those sitting next to Veep and Officer Billy...makes you wonder what transpired just before the photo was taken.  Thanks Ed, this photo deserves its own photo caption thread!
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

W C Greene

Awww guys-old Biden was just wanting to be "sweet"... I would like to see the photo taken right after that one..."bang, zoom, to the moon!"
                         Woodie
miles to go before I sleep...

Ray Dunakin

That bannister is bizarre! Not only the odd angles, but it also appears to be no more than about knee high.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Rasputen

I like the way the bottom step interferes with the doorway too. ::)

granitechops

One for,  as he put it,   "Craig H   AKA.....The Gas Station Fanatic"

was driving through east Devon somewhere between budleigh Salterton / Sidmouth area just had to stop & photograph this

Possibly built about 1920 - 30? at a rough guess
an old filling Station/garage, now seeing use as a second hand car lot

The petrol pumps are "Regent Petrol", havent seen that on sale for yonks

heres a link to Christies auctions for some petrol pump globes including  Regent ones

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_details.aspx?pos=6&intObjectID=4532121&sid=
Don in sunny Devon, England

JESTER

I have a big collection of weathered vehicle pics I took in my neighborhood and this is one of them.

marc_reusser

Great pic Tim...always love that stuff.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on November 05, 2010, 12:48:39 AM
Here's something I stumbled across yesterday. You weathering fanatics may find something useful. -- Russ

I liked the flower arrangement!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

RoughboyModelworks

Damn... and I was so looking forward to it...   :-[

Paul

Mobilgas

Don,    Thanks for posting the pic of the old service station ;) i really like the shape of the building....and those pumps look interesting...and that clock above the door.  Im suprised those gas globes are still there they wouldnt last long around here with out a fence around the building.      Craig
Craig

RoughboyModelworks

This looks like fun... though perhaps a touch unpractical. Bike was built by early Italian bike manufacturer Frera.

Paul