• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

5x5x7 project (1/35 scale)

Started by marc_reusser, December 19, 2009, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

The picture is quite nice......but........
the instructions are awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!
-Marty

RoughboyModelworks

Very nice tool box Marc... I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece with all these great details in place. Good SBS on the paintwork too... very informative.

Paul

mobilgas

I like the toolbox look's good......nice weathering.....and enjoyed the How-To........Craig

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Thanks guys.

Below is some more stuff from last night.  I think I am slowly getting a small taste of the kind of "detail hell" Chuck and Spencer must go through when building their scenes ;) ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

Man, that is looking nice! I really like those PE buckets. The sad part is this will all get used up so quickly, with so much more space to fill.

Someone ought to do a bucket in 1/2" scale.      Ken
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Carlo

marc_reusser

Thanks Chuck,
Yeah...I don't know how you do it...the more details one creates, the more seem to be needed. Worse yet, everything I am making  (except fro the link pins, and the crank) will end up inside the the caboose and be barely visible.

Carlo,
PE = Photo Etch.  This was from one of the 'Aber' PE sets. (will check the set number if you want)

M-Works

Frederic Testard

Marc, the paint job on the castings is very nice. What material are they made of?
Frederic Testard

marc_reusser

Thanks Frederic,

The pry bar, shovel and wrench are some white metal castings from the scrap box, the hammer is resin (from a Verlinden kit), the starter crank is scratch built from brass and styrene, the coupler pins are scratch from brass.

MR

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Very nice tools Marc. They may be hidden from view inside, but you know they're there and perfection is in the details. It's always a delight to explore a model and find all sorts of details that would otherwise be missed without careful examination.

Paul

finescalerr

TRAINS1941

Marc

Very nice indeed.  Those are great detail parts and the painting is so realistic.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Don Railton

Nice job Marc.  Ship me a shoebox filled with those details please.  I'll pay the postage.

Don