• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

5x5x7 project (1/35 scale)

Started by marc_reusser, December 19, 2009, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Potato Head

Abandon? ??? You're the one swimming upstream! We were just here going with the flow, you're the one who went all specific and Joe prototype on us!  :'(
Gil
feeling abandoned
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

A little bit of progress on this.

The buffer areas and channel frame brace have been added. Rivets are from Tichy.

Some small detail parts for the interior:

Toolbox and First-Aid box are scratched from styrene with PE details from the scrap box. White Metal tools from some now defunct company. Jacks and plastic tools from the scrap box (ex-armor kit pieces). Bottle was turned from clear acrylic in the Dremel tool, using an Xacto blade, then coated with a layer of Future, label is a decal from the scrap box.
Rags are made from Magic Sculpt. Roll of paper (or whatever it will be) made from Milliput. Bucket is a PE kit from 'Hauler', w/ new wire handle.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I just read through three posts on three different projects. You seem to have found some time to model and paint. Nice work. -- Russ

Philip Smith

marc_reusser

Here some poor quality quick snappies of some progress on the detail parts.....

Got a bit overzealous with the chips  ::)........chipping on the jacks was done using the hairspray method. Chips on the box were hand painted using Vallejo acrylics. Right Jack is for one of the gas mech projects, the left jack and the box are for the caboose project.

MR

M-Works

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mobilgas

very nicely done .....................Craig

finescalerr

jacq01

Looks very much used.

What happened to your razor?? 

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

TRAINS1941

Marc

Nice job on the detail parts.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: jacq01 on April 08, 2010, 01:42:41 AM
What happened to your razor?? 

Jacq

He probably chipped it...

Nice job on the jacks Marc.

Paul

marc_reusser

Thanks again guys.

Well....here's another 3 hours of work. I tried to get the ring stain on top to be more subtle....but using the artists oils for it, they kept seeping out into the dust pigment too much and disappearing/blending....so I finally resorted to using Tamiya "Smoke" to paint it on.

The red paint was done in two layers to get an old, blotchy/mottled look. Base color was done slightly brighter (a mix of Tamiya red/white/yellow acrylic colors thinned with Tamiya lacquer thinner).....the surface was then lightly dampened (brush applied distilled water)....and sprinkled randomly with random ground sea-salt. A slight amount of blue was then added to the existing red paint mix in the AB cup, and shot over the salted surface.  When dry, the salt was gently scrubbed/washed off, using a soft wet brush.  Scrathes & chips were painted on using Vallejo "German SS Camo Black-Brown". (most real toolboxes tend to rust/chip a bit more reddish than the color I used, but I had to adjust, because a redder tone tended to disappear too much against the red color of the box). This was followed by a filter of Rembrandt "Light Red" oil paint. Dust and grime is CMK "Dark Dust" & "Dark Rust" (which is almost black) pigment, applied with Odorless Turpentine. Decal is from a Microscale gas station set for 1/48 scale (the surface was faded by sanding with 1200 grit sandpaper prior to removal from backing).

Box size is approx .25" x .75" (6,5 x 18 mm)

MR

M-Works

jacq01

cool.................

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Scratchman

This is all so very nice. Can,t wait to see it all together.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/