• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/24 Road Roller

Started by Gordon Ferguson, January 20, 2010, 02:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Not to hijack your thread....but I thought these might be some other roller project possibilities for you. ;D ;D

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

OK Mark, see your twisted sense of humour is getting the better of you!

Actually on your first post think you've shown that one before because that was the image that triggered off the whole saga, here is a painted version;-

As for the others posted , thanks ... got most of them in the file for future builds, oh yea right!

Here are a couple that Chuck should build as believe they are both based on Fordson's

Have to admit "steam" is not really my thing, too many complicated bits but do fancy this one

but REALLY want to have ago at this 

Now "point of order" can someone point me to a thread that will tell me how you all post small images that can then be opened and enlarged ... feel I am being rude taking up so much space!

Gordon

Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Still sorting out paint finishes, but came across this

Very useful if anybody needs a quick model roller, with little detail and no need  for cab controls, etc. Plus really well built brick wall !

Chinese built abandoned in Albania.
Gordon

Belg

Gordon , thanks alot for the response . Like you said not much there to help but a few tidbits  now will only help later. Good luck deciding what to paint the roller. Pat

RoughboyModelworks

Marc... do you collect pictures of everything?? Concerning the third shot in your post, the B&W with the explosive charges going off in the background... if that fellow's trying to escape, you'd think it would be faster to run. He could be providing a service locating land mines though...  :P

Lot of good shots there Gordon. That steam version is real gem...

Paul

Gordon Ferguson

Been a while but back on this beast.

Needed something to practice my painting and as "current " projects are boxed away went to the abandoned shelf and pulled this down

Straight forward airbrush finish, then some filters added on separate panels with MIG oils,  some ........... probably too much chipping as usual, and weathering done with Gouache water colour - working on one side at a time.

Trying to teach myself to work on small areas at a time , as the experts seem to do .............. so rear mudguard. Added some rust staining using MIG oils, brushed some graphite dust over some of the chipped areas  and then lightly burnished the paint work as I wanted a paint over metal look

As you just see I have started some experiments on the wheels based on a matt black undercoat and then burnished with MIG Gun Metal pigment .... more work needed!!

Gordon

Junior

Looking great Gordon! That last picture looks absoloutley real! Maybe a bit more weathering (filter, washes etc.) but that´s just a look that I prefer.

Anders  ;D

Barney

Inspired -great techniques - keep draging them off the shelf to complete them - how many more have you on this "Magic Shelf" Its great entertaining stuff -
Barney

Mr scratchmod

I think the chipping and weathering looks great and not over done. Keep it going  :)
Rob

billmart

Gordon - Your work continues to amaze me. 

I've been a member of this website for quite some time, but I've only recently begun to spend some time here.  Boy do I like what I see!

Bill M.

Les

This post inspired me to photograph (and measure for record) this English Barford Grantham roller displayed on the side of the road.
I think this old dog has learnt another trick (placing images on this site)
Les

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Les, the Barford rollers have popped up in this thread a few times, Marc posted a couple early on. I took these pics of one up in the Lake District last year . Les how about posting details of the measurements, I took some as well so maybe between us we will have covered it ?

Just love the engine slung at the back

As I have a bit of a thing with rollers one of these days , when my painting skills are up to it want to do this one ........... its not a Barford.

But till then currently, off & on , building a 1/24 master which will be resin cast of this more modern type

Gordon

marc_reusser

Master?...resin?...oh do tell and elaborate.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Les

I attach the drawing I have completed so far, I need a little time to get back to it. I have to complete all elevations.
Les

Les

Obviously a Pdf does not show as an image so I will post again