• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

gn15 critters galery

Started by franckcombe, February 01, 2010, 08:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franckcombe

this is my collection of gn15 critters from sideline kit or entirely kit batched.

Hauk

Quote from: franckcombe on February 01, 2010, 08:44:31 AM
this is my collection of gn15 critters from sideline kit or entirely kit batched.

Great models!

One thing that looks slightly strange is that *all* the drivers are looking straight a head, and not in either of the two travelling directions.

Guess there might be a market for a G-scale figure with the head turned 90 deg. to one side...

-Håvard
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

franckcombe

it's a good remark.

the problem is that I run it forward and reverse so I must have a moveable head in order to have the head in the good direction ::)

Hauk

Quote from: franckcombe on February 02, 2010, 01:51:26 AM
it's a good remark.

the problem is that I run it forward and reverse so I must have a moveable head in order to have the head in the good direction ::)

In G-scale this could be done, I guess. If you could get the movement to be soft enough and hide the seam between the head and torso (maybe a scarf or something) convincingly, the effect could be quite pleasing.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

franckcombe

very good idea. Have you try it ?

Hauk

Quote from: franckcombe on February 02, 2010, 02:20:35 AM
very good idea. Have you try it ?

No, I am just lettig my imagination loose here. :)
I am modelling in 0-scale, and all mye engines have enclosed cabs. So the need for drivers that are able to shake their heads is not very pressing!

Regards, Håvard
Regards, Hauk
--

jacq01

Someone did it in H0 with the driver leaning out and turning his head in the travelling direction. It was al explained in the MR from years ago.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

franckcombe

have you the number of the mrr  ???

scrappy1

i know MR article Jacq is referring to they did it on a Erie RS3 really simple the way they did it to

franckcombe

LLIAXTEP

That is a beautiful lineup of critters you have there. The layout or display they are sittin on seems equally impressive.

Alex

gnichols

Nice critters n things.  RE the engineer's head on a swivel, I remember that mag article also.  If I recall correctly, the head was linked Rube Goldberg style to turn via the "reverser" rod (whatever that is).  That loco was completely scratchbuild and it had all kinds of working features.

If I had the desire, I'd link his head to a mini servo controled by RC or Airwire so I could turn his head on demand!  If I got crazy, I'd also hook up an arm so I could wave at to folks at grade crossings on the layout - or other modelers who were getting too close while trying to take pix of the loco!!!  HA HA.  Gary

Carlo

I did a R/C Servo-controlled rotating-head animated driver on a 7/8" scale Simplex I scratch-built. You can see the video on my web site, at http://www.spirito.biz/models.html  (scroll down the page). I used a micro servo under his seat, and a wire through the body, to which the head was attached. Another R/C channel controlled the loco's motor drive.
Carlo

Ray Dunakin

I'm waiting for someone to make an engineer whose head rotates 360 degrees and spews pea soup.   ;)

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

gnichols

Quote from: Carlo on June 05, 2010, 06:48:20 AM
I did a R/C Servo-controlled rotating-head animated driver on a 7/8" scale Simplex I scratch-built. You can see the video on my web site, at http://www.spirito.biz/models.html  (scroll down the page). I used a micro servo under his seat, and a wire through the body, to which the head was attached. Another R/C channel controlled the loco's motor drive.
Carlo /quote]

Cool beans.  Gary