• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

x mass pizza layout in gn15

Started by franckcombe, February 01, 2010, 08:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franckcombe

this is a x mass pizza layout in gn15. Size 30 cm by 25 cm with ho code 75 peco rail. The radius is 6 cm (2.5 inch)

finescalerr

Has Kalmbach contacted you yet about doing an article on how to operate the layout? -- Russ

franckcombe

no. Why ?

because kalmbach are more specialized in huge layouts for an entire basement than micro layouts like I see in mrr for example.

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: finescalerr on February 01, 2010, 01:23:07 PM
Has Kalmbach contacted you yet about doing an article on how to operate the layout? -- Russ
Russ... I believe it's your turn to go to the corner.

Paul

franckcombe

I'm not sure I could play with this layout during days. It was just to have a pizza layout like you find in carendt.us site. the fun is Just to be able to do a small layout in few hours in very small space with a sharp radius. And it's a way to show a small oval ahd to show all that I take this hobby not too serious  ;D ;D

finescalerr

Franck, I hope you understand that I was poking fun at Kalmbach and that my question was not serious. I really do understand why you built the layout and am glad you posted it here. -- Russ

franckcombe

I was not sure how to understand your question because of  my poor level in english. My main obejective was to do a layout in the spirit of carl arendt : "The 2007 edition of Model Railroad Planning included a "FREE Layout Design Tips Booklet" prepared by Model Railroader magazine. Inexplicably, this well-designed pamphlet completely ignored the subject of minimum space layout design! Because the micro concept is one of the fastest growing areas of the hobby, we've prepared the Missing Chapter as a service to all hobbyists. Here's our FREE supplement." you can see more at http://carendt.us/articles/missing-chapter/index.html

I'm also a reader of mrr and appreciate it but their goals are far away from my practicals   ;)

franckcombe

perhaps I may improve the interest of the layout with way bill and card  ;D

finescalerr

Now you're talking my language, Franck! -- Russ

RoughboyModelworks

Cool pizza exercise Franck. If you had radio head sets between the driver and dispatcher, you could ensure inclusion in a Kalmbach publication...  ;)  (move over Russ, you're hogging the corner...)

Paul

franckcombe

It's a good idea.
In order to keep an high level of interest, I may create a load area in the west bound, an unload area in the east bound of x mass gift, coal, limestone, ... and to regulate the high traffic I will cut the tree in the middle and elevate an interlocking tower with radio control like you suggest   ;)

Younger

Here, in 3/8n2 is a complete layout: track, power supply. locomotive, car, scenery, structure. What else do you need? (8" radius, code 70).
-Younger
-Younger

danpickard

I hope there was room to install DCC on it... ;D

Dan

hmmm...my last layout was 30' long...wonder if next time I could get away with about 30 variations of a pizza layout, and then have the cheek to charge 30 times as much at exhibitions ??? ??? ;D

franckcombe

The concept of terrapin is very similar too. I love the minimal concept with the 9 v battery power supply. Less is more  ;)

fortunately the 040 gas mechanical bachmann is already dcc equiped  ;), so I can run it with dcc.

I suppose I can even run 2 loco on the layout with dcc but it could be a big challenge for 2 players to avoid collision :o ;D ;)

finescalerr

"...It could be a big challenge for 2 players to avoid collision."

Not if you make use of the time-space continuum.

Russ (who, as he writes this, is being dragged off to an insane asylum)