• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New Painting DVD from Mig Jimenez & Vallejo

Started by marc_reusser, April 05, 2010, 01:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

I would happily participate in finding a "Westlake Publishing" room and setting up a modelers' mini-convention ... if all attendees were willing to help with the overhead (room rental, insurance, incidentals) and security (full time volunteer guards) and other obnoxious aspects. It would take a lot of time, money, and work.

I think you are right, Nick, about letting anybody in. Most idiots probably wouldn't bother or would walk through rather quickly. Most cognoscenti probably would spend the majority of their time in or near that room, hanging out with their brethren. And the very existence of such an alternative might inspire some people to build better models and learn new techniques.

Over the last several years I have found the convention generally tedious, repetitive, and cliquish. I have decided to forego the next couple because recent business snubs made me realize attending the NG convention is, and has been, largely a waste of time and money over the past twenty (20!!) years. But I would revise that opinion if I could spend a day or two with youse guys.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

Pasadena is close enough, there's a small chance I might get to attend at least part of the convention. I've always wanted to go to one of those but my travel opportunities are extremely limited.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Brent

The mini-convention idea has my interest. I would welcome the opportunity to meet the excellent people who post here and see their work. It might even pre-empt the need to attend the convention.

finescalerr

I agree, Brent. I could easily skip the convention and just spend a day or two hanging with the model guys. As I recall, you and spent an enjoyable hour together just looking over the models and discussing them. -- Russ

Brent

Yes, Uncle Russ, the hour we spent in the contest room at the Narrow Gauge Convention in Colorado Springs was enjoyable. I learned a lot from you about modeling as we carefully looked at and discussed the models on display. Seeing models made by those who post here (and will probably not be entered in contests) and discussing them with their creators would be the ultimate pleasure.

Craig_H

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 05, 2010, 01:41:25 PM
His first new issue since splitting from Mig Productions.

From Mig's Blog:

"The DVD will be for sale in 1 month or 1 month and a half, and is available in English narration with spanish captions. This volume cover all areas of AFV modelling, from the base color to the last touches. I hope you like it.
The DVD has been for sale overseas.....talked to the company that will be selling the DVD in the USA should be for sale here in a couple weeks ;D ;D
Thanks

Mig Jimenez"

marc_reusser

....and your question/point is?  :)

BTW....this has been released and is available now.  There is also another Mig Jimenez video out, anthey are both available through AK Interactive.   http://www.ak-interactive.com/news.htm

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Craig_H

Im saying that it not for sale in the US... >:( YET for buyers that are waiting to buy it here LIKE ME.... Im waiting to buy both of his DVD'S  ;D ;D ;D.... I just wish it was available HERE now.....must be on a slow BOAT from Spain.    Craig

jacq01

It is possible to buy them via AK -interactive direct with Visa or IBAN banktransfer. :D

I bought both yesterday  ;D ;D and paid with IBAN.  They are not expensive compared with p.e. the dvd's from Darryl Huffmann.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

eTraxx

To ship to my door using standard shipping (South Carolina) is $25.5 Euros or $32.06 (from the AK-Interactive site)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

marc_reusser

It seems to be available in Europe and the UK, and it looks like Michigan oy Soldier is expecting it in http://www.michtoy.com/michtoy_search_details.php?Numbers=VMC-75000....why not drop them a line and see when they expect it.

While ding a search for shops possibly stocking it, I ran across the fact that it's already out there being pirated on Rapidshare sites.

MR

M-Works

Craig_H

Marc,    I forgot about asking Mich Toy Soldier.....i stop there every Sunday after i hit the Flea market thats right down the street.          Craig       

Gordon Ferguson

Sorry I know I am going to be a bore here but please just purchase the DVD, the guy@s running a business has puts a lot of personal effort into these and if we don't support these businesses we won't have them !!!

To me this is just the same as theft or boasting about not paying your taxes ...... the rest of us end up paying the bill 
Gordon

marc_reusser

Gordon,

No bore, and I agree with you completely...I was not suggesting the RS.....I was just surprised that it was already pirated and out there...AND...that a Google search would turn it up within the first 2 pages!  :-\ :-X :(

Hopefully I can find a copy while I'm in Europe......just need to find a well stocked hobby shop in Berlin.

Marc

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Quick delivery! ... I decided to try ordering a copy from one of the UK-based ebay sellers (Panther Models) ... placed the order last Thursday night ... rec'd a shipping confirmation on Friday morning ... received the package here in Maryland, USA this afternoon (Thursday).   DVD was well packaged in a "typical" plastic case and shipped in cardboard mailer.  Had this seller bookmarked because they carry a variety of 1/35 scale items that can be hard to find in the US, so this was a good occasion to try their service and this (first) experience with them was very good.

Total price was just under $26 (US dollars) including airmail shipping ... I ship lots of stuff TO the UK and occasionally get packages from the UK ... overall impression is that service between our countries flows very smoothly.  (Price was £13.29 + £3.15 shipping.  So, the $26 price was based on PayPal exchange rate on that particular day ... just to state the obvious!)  ;)

Also, inside the package was a note that this seller now has a separate (non-ebay) web store:
http://www.panther-models.com/

Yes, I have popped it into the computer to make sure it plays well (it does) ... but it'll probably be later in the weekend before I sit down and watch it all!  Initial impression ... looks like the video quality is decent and the narration is easy to understand. 8)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com