• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New Painting DVD from Mig Jimenez & Vallejo

Started by marc_reusser, April 05, 2010, 01:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

His first new issue since splitting from Mig Productions.

From Mig's Blog:

"The DVD will be for sale in 1 month or 1 month and a half, and is available in English narration with spanish captions. This volume cover all areas of AFV modelling, from the base color to the last touches. I hope you like it.

Thanks

Mig Jimenez"

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

That looks like it will be a worthwhile investment , I shall keep my eyes open for it .Especially as volume 3 from Night Vision seems to be a long time coming .

Thanks for letting us know ,

Nick

k27rgs

Hi Nick

Were you able to find out more about this DVD when you were overseas

thanks

Mario

shropshire lad

Quote from: k27rgs on May 10, 2010, 10:02:48 PM
Hi Nick

Were you able to find out more about this DVD when you were overseas

thanks

Mario

Hi Mario , you old bugger ,

I haven't done anything about finding more info on this DVD as I guess Mig will announce its availability on his website . Whether you have to buy direct from him or he has found a distributor I couldn't say . I think we will just have to play the waiting game .

Glad to see you participating more these days ,

Nick

finescalerr

What frightens me is that the two of you know each other! -- Russ

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on May 11, 2010, 12:47:40 AM

I haven't done anything about finding more info on this DVD as I guess Mig will announce its availability on his website . Whether you have to buy direct from him or he has found a distributor I couldn't say .

Nick

The DVD will be produced by, and thus likely marketed by, Vallejo http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/gb/index.html, as I am sure you both know that Miguel is no longer associated with, or part of, "MIG Productions". He will likely announce it's release on his Blog. The DVD will be in english.

MR

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on May 11, 2010, 01:27:06 AM
What frightens me is that the two of you know each other! -- Russ

Yes , your worst nightmare has just been realised ! Be afraid etc , etc ...

Nick

k27rgs

Marc.  Thanks again for the feedback.

Nick. Still looking forward to having a pint with you one day at your place or maybe USA 2013.

regards

"Old Bugger"

shropshire lad

Quote from: k27rgs on May 11, 2010, 05:59:46 PM
Marc.  Thanks again for the feedback.

Nick. Still looking forward to having a pint with you one day at your place or maybe USA 2013.

regards

"Old Bugger"

Mario ,

I suspect it is more likely to be 2013 as that Convention sounds like it is the one to go to . That should give me time to save some money ( yeah right ) and build that killer diorama that will take first prize in the contest room ( again , yeah right ! ) ,

Nick

marc_reusser

2013 is in my backyard....almost literaly.....well OK, 5 mins away.

If things go as planned financialy for me, maybe I can host a nice big BBQ and get together one evening here at the house...food , drinks, sit around talk models and other assorted BS.

....thought it would probably require that you to miss a clinic or two that evening  ;) ;D

Marc

M-Works

Marc988

probably a dumb question but ehh...... Convention, USA, 2013 ??? could you give any more details ?   ::)  :-[

(please forgive my ignorance  ;)  )

Oh BTW the 1,5 Month has almost past. I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD   ;)  ;D

finescalerr

Marc is referring to the 2013 National Narrow Gauge Convention in Pasadena, California.

I spoke to somebody the other day who is in favor of holding a mini-convention or separate meeting of accomplished modelers concurrent with the NG Convention. The idea would be to display models, whether complete or under construction, for other modelers to appreciate and ask questions about and just to talk about techniques and philosophies. Sounds as though spending several hours at Marc's place would fill the bill.

Russ

mobilgas

2013  NG convention....I would like to be there with some type of model...to enter in the contest.....its been 1990 since i entered a model at a NG convention.... :o man thats a long time ago....but its probably not going to happen the COST $$ to get there from Mich,   Craig

shropshire lad

Quote from: mobilgas on May 12, 2010, 09:46:11 AM
2013  NG convention....I would like to be there with some type of model...to enter in the contest.....its been 1990 since i entered a model at a NG convention.... :o man thats a long time ago....but its probably not going to happen the COST $$ to get there from Mich,   Craig

The cost from Mich ain't nothing compared to the cost from the UK .

If you start saving $10.00 month you will have ...er...quite alot of money by 2013,

Nick

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on May 12, 2010, 01:22:00 AM
Marc is referring to the 2013 National Narrow Gauge Convention in Pasadena, California.

I spoke to somebody the other day who is in favor of holding a mini-convention or separate meeting of accomplished modelers concurrent with the NG Convention. The idea would be to display models, whether complete or under construction, for other modelers to appreciate and ask questions about and just to talk about techniques and philosophies. Sounds as though spending several hours at Marc's place would fill the bill.

Russ

So would this alternative convention be available to visit by people attending the main event ? Or would it just be for the select few who meet "The Managements Approval" ? Spending a few hours at Marc's place would certainly be a very pleasant way to spend a summers evening , even if I do have to miss the clinic on installing sound decoders in N scale locos , but I feel that wouldn't be enough .

Would it not be possible to hire a separate room in the main convention building where those who want to can display their wares ? That way the great unwashed can get to see close up what they should be aspiring to . Obviously it will be wasted on the vast majority but if what they see inspires just a few modellers then it would be worth it . Maybe it could become The Finescale Railroader room . Where you might be able to sell a load of extra annuals . Or feature models from past issues .

The main problem I can see is that the best models at the Convention aren't necessarily in the contest .

Nick