• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/1 scale Soviet armor models

Started by DaKra, April 10, 2010, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaKra

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2006/12/27/self-made-tanks/

I really like eccentric stuff like this, even if the guy seems a little color blind.   

teejay99

That's an amazing project . I find myself watching tank retoration television programs more and more as these various experts struggle with 60 year old machines . One tank had been at the bottom of a river in Poland for decades . What a job!

Terry
Wilson's Law: As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

eTraxx

When I was in Germany, I was stationed at Ferris Barracks, Erlangen as a member of the 2nd Bn 70th Armor. It was closed in 1994 and turned over to the German government. Your post reminded me of having to turn our Abrams tanks in. BUT .. before that .. we had to bring them back to 'Factory new' condition. It got to the point that they pulled the antenna off of the mount and inspected the wiring .. that it had the exact lock-washer, nut that was in the manual. When that was complete .. I had become less then enthused at restoring a tank. Ha.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Philip Smith

Quote from: eTraxx on November 05, 2010, 05:02:40 PM
When I was in Germany, I was stationed at Ferris Barracks, Erlangen as a member of the 2nd Bn 70th Armor. It was closed in 1994 and turned over to the German government. Your post reminded me of having to turn our Abrams tanks in. BUT .. before that .. we had to bring them back to 'Factory new' condition. It got to the point that they pulled the antenna off of the mount and inspected the wiring .. that it had the exact lock-washer, nut that was in the manual. When that was complete .. I had become less then enthused at restoring a tank. Ha.
yep I remember that........... was at Fort Knox's 194th Armor Brigade "operation quicksilver" should have neen named operation "pain in the ass"
FTA Figmo and all that other Horse S. :-X

Philip