• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

O14 tippers

Started by james_coldicott, April 23, 2010, 05:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james_coldicott

Been meaning to start posting pictures of models for a while now so decided to start the ball rolling with these- my first try at the salt technique on some 1:43 scale 2 foot (14mm) gauge parts from KB Scale.

www.kbscale.com

these are going towards a very simple shelf layout depicting the fison's peat company railway that ran at Shapwick about 30 miles away from my house here in Somerset (UK). There are some pics here and will be scratchbuilding some of the peat wagons to run behind a Lister petrol loco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theabbott/3357211001/in/photostream/

Any comments welcome.

James

james_coldicott

and another...

james_coldicott

one more...

James

james_coldicott

Done a couple more tippers. These were built by Nick Ogden (Shropshire Lad) and given to me last month- it's always nice when someone else does the hard work- thanks Nick!

I've been trying to get some subtle variation into the levels of chipping and weathering- hopefully evident from the photo's. Not sure about the hole in the side of the first tipper- it was made as a result of one of the braces getting caught and torn off- I rusted it up but am thinking of adding a welded plate to cover it up- don't know.....
Cheers

James

james_coldicott

I used some aluminium sheet that comes with a fairly thick self adhesive backing that allowed me to flick up the edges to represent a weld seam. The colouring is burnt sienna oil paint with some bragdon powders which allows some of the metal to show through. The patch is 6mm (just under .250") across

James

james_coldicott

inside...