• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pimp my Fordson

Started by Hauk, May 11, 2010, 12:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Not exactly Chuck D quality, but here goes anyway.

I just finished my McKenzie Fordson 0-scale grader kit with a little sprinkling of customs details. (The "Cabin", toolbox on the front and the fueldrum at the back).

The model is painted with Tamiya metal primer grey and weathered with Mig washes and pigments.

Well, nice to finish something every once in a while.

By the way, does anybody know where to buy McKenzie kits now a days? Peter at  Creativ Works  (http://www.creative-works.ca/mckenzie) thinks that they have gone out of business, and unfortunately it seems that he might be right.

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Chuck Doan

Your title sure got my attention! I seem to recall you started this a long ways back? Nice to see it done. I like your extra touches.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hauk

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 11, 2010, 12:27:42 PM
Your title sure got my attention! I seem to recall you started this a long ways back? Nice to see it done. I like your extra touches.

Yep, it was longer ago than I care to think about...
There is an under construction image in this thread:
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=543.msg7659#msg7659

That was just over a year ago, but the model had been sitting on my shelf a while before posting!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

finescalerr

It is an excellent model. Stop being so modest. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Looks great! I like the roof.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Marc988

Nice job ! I especially like the contrast of the red wheels.

SandiaPaul

Paul

lab-dad

Great model - nice additions!
-Marty

Philip Smith

Nice model. I especially like the pitting wheels!

Philip

TRAINS1941

Hauk

You can order direct from Bill Roy by Emailing him at Bill Roy  /  McKenzie Iron &...
E-mail Address(es):
  timberbeast@softhome.net

He is really good at getting back to you.  Plus he still has some of the early things he came out with.  And has some new wagons he is coming at with.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Havard,

I like it! Very nicely done, and subtly weathered. These are not easy kits to build.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Andi Little

I too like this a lot. Somehow it just seems to hit my spot!!
............... You know when you just hit that spot behind a dog's ear and it madly scratches fresh air with its hind paw - well, looking at this build makes me want to do that!! - weird huh?

Works for me on so many levels - Great job.
KBO..................... Andi.

Hauk

Thanks a lot for the positve feedback, it really is an inspiration!
Regards, Hauk
--

gnichols

Hauk, very nice model indeed.  But... pimp my Fordson are three words I would never imagine used together!  Gary

lucas gargoloff

Great!!!! Wheels looks so real, so heavy!!
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina