• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 scale auto repair shop

Started by Malachi Constant, May 15, 2010, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Next time, keep the dog away from the bandsaw!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Dallas, please seek therapy before it's too late. -- ssuR

Junior

Dallas, please don´t........not only a great diorama also some hilarious cartoons.

Anders ;D ;D ;D

Chuck Doan

Reminds me of the half-dogs in the movie Return of the living Dead.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Philip Smith

Malachi Constant

First attempt at modifying and painting an HO figure.  Started out as the Woodland Scenics piece shown at left ... turned head, transplanted arms and sculpted clothing.  Trying to capture something of the look shown by the girl in the Walker Evans photo (center) without doing a full sculpt.  This is the first of two for Greg Shinnie's HO Chambers Parts Store ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

BKLN

There is nothing better than seeing the results of a successful modeling weekend. Nice job, Dallas!

Junior

"Gulliver" speaks excellent English - saw him for sale at a French site so I guess he´s an immigrant. Nice work Dallas and great cartoon as usual. ;

Anders ;D

Malachi Constant

Thanks guys!  Extreme close-ups are naturally a bit cruel on this tiny stuff ... but goal was to make her look okay at about 2x actual size to allow for some close-ups of Greg's structure ...

Anders, yes, Mr. Mudgeon (aka Gulliver in that last photo) has French origins ... as do I ... three of my four grandparents spoke French as children, and even my father learned French before English.  Really like the MK35 figures ... have several more on hand ready to assemble and paint.  Also, they're quite nice to deal with and will answer in French or English if you send them emails!  ;)

I'll have to try some of their O scale figures eventually ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Philip Smith

quite pleasing now!

The first picture looks as if her panties are around her ankles. Are you violating the code again or is that complimentary "flash" goop from woodland scenic?

Malachi Constant

Funny!  Yeah, the Woodland Scenics figure came with a massive armored coat of paint, including the giant blob between her tree-trunk ankles.  Whittled down her ankles and shoes as much as I dared ... still not ideal, but I really, really didn't want to crawl around the floor looking for HO feet!  ;D

Cheers,
Dallas

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful! I can't even imagine trying to do that with an HO figure.

I also enjoy your humorous pics w/captions.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

I liked it better when I though they were reform school girls.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Malachi Constant

Don't worry, Chuck, we can still bend the truth and make a busload of reform school girls to make occasional field trips to the garage!  ;)

I even have the little bus kit on hand now ... gotta finish the pick-up truck for Baier's Tires and make some actual progress on the garage ... then we'll turn our attention to the Doane Valley Reform School or Harry Novak School for Wayward Girls or whatever it should be.  ;D

Dave -- Thanks for the extra photo ... suspect now that there are a series of those, so I'll have to track those down.

Cheers,
Dallas