• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 scale auto repair shop

Started by Malachi Constant, May 15, 2010, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

Malachi Constant

Gordon --

Thanks for the pix ... obviously gonna need a zillion more detail parts than originally anticipated!  ;D

Guess I'd better hurry up with the sandwich shop, make some sandwiches and get back to work on painting up greasy tools.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Some interesting stuff there.   Looks like the tool panel on the wall is made up of three 12" planks ... dig the little LIGHT FIXTURE with bare, clear bulb and tiny reflector over the center of the two benches ... picture of a guy with goggles on his forehead in place of a girlie poster  ??? ... and a psycho on the drill press!  (Maybe the guy with goggles on forehead is taking the picture, and psycho has had enough already with that guy)  ;D

Simple, "functional" wooden benches ... electrical cord running on floor in front of benches ... yaddy, yaddy ... goes in file for future study/reference ...

Thanks!
Dallas

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on August 15, 2011, 07:41:03 AM
Drill press guy is scary!

The guy on the left looks like Marty . Sort of .

finescalerr

He also looks like Marilyn Monroe, sort of, except for the mustache and a few other details. -- ssuR

michael mott

I like the fact that the drill press is one of those that used a regular 1/2 inch heavy duty hand drill.

Michael

DaKra

marc_reusser

Yeah...what the heck!!? All this time and no progress to show!? I call, "Slacker".  ;D ;D ;D

M

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Yeah, what the heck!?!  Daggone real life has been eating into my modeling time like a friggin' piranha and I'm starting to get as pissed off about it as Mr. Mudgeon!  >:(  :-\  :P

Closest thing to modeling:  last week I ordered some blackener to use on the side rods for the 35n2 steam loco and "thought" about some of the painting.  Oh man ....

If this keeps up, I'm just gonna take December off to do some modeling and tell everyone that Christmas has been postponed.  ;D  (Of course, when you're self-employed being "too busy" beats the crap out of the alternative ... so maybe I'll just have to be content if I have some money to take time off in January or whenever.)  ;)

Cheers,
Dallas

Malachi Constant

QuoteWarning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\

Well, first of all ... don't get too excited ... I'm not going to show any actual progress here! [:D] [:-blindfold]  I have made some progress on a couple of figures who may appear in our story line at some point, but those are a secret for the moment.  Meanwhile, I've been keeping an eye on some new releases from Mini-Art ... they now have a couple versions of the GAZ (Russian-built Ford trucks) available.  The "MM" version is shown above right ... and shows that these new kits are pretty detailed!

http://miniart-models.com/  

The "AA" version (shown above left) is coming soon ... and once that stupid sammich shop is finished, Mr. Mudgeon's going to need a tow truck so he can "drop by" and check on Millie's car for her ... and so forth ...

Which leads to ... the actual reason for my post!  I have a folder full of vintage tow truck reference pix, but it's really hard to make out the details on the actual lift mechanisms, etc., but ...

Found a Gold Mine of info on the Weaver Auto Crane (hand- or power-operated tow truck mechanism from the 1920s) ... plus loads of info on all sorts of various vintage accessories ... lifts, jacks, jack stands, towing accessories, tire tools, etc.

The site has many LARGE brochures with CLEAR illustrations of the mechanical parts ... and pdf files with PATENT DRAWINGS of many of the items.  It's hosted by Castle Equipment, which tookover the old Weaver line:

http://www.castleequipment.com/Museum/menu_weaver_history.htm

Note:  I greatly reduced the ads shown here just to give a preview ... nice BIG copies on the site!

Well worth a trip for anyone considering a vintage garage scene!

Gordon (GFAdvance) -- You're gonna love all the little gizmos on this site!

Cheers,
Dallas

Ray Dunakin

Great find, Dallas! Thanks for posting it.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Oooh..oooh...great to see you back on this build!

Thanks for the Mini_Art info and the link!

Marc

M-Works