• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

P4NewStreet - modelling Birmingham (UK) in the 1980's - 1:76 scale

Started by jim s-w, May 20, 2010, 08:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim s-w

Quote from: Malachi Constant on November 15, 2013, 03:12:43 PM
Wow, indeed and "ditto" what they said!  I seem to remember some brightly colored molded plastic chairs (oversized, 1970's style) in one of the BR stations somewhere ... but it may have been the wrong station.  Great stuff!  Definitely gives the underground feel.  -- Dallas

Thanks all.

The bright (orange) moulded chairs were common across the BR network.  I'm sure New street had them on the upper level.

Regards

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

Quote from: kathymillatt on November 15, 2013, 03:21:50 PM
Hi Jim

My main thoughts of New Street is how dark it is (thankfully I'm a Moor Street girl at the moment but have mostly done Snow Hill or International).  You have really captured the dank grim atmosphere.

Are you going to model the ramp off New Street and the front entrance to Smallbrook Queensway?  What about people which are always a mare in the smaller sizes?

I hope to see it some day in person. Do let us know when it's getting its next public outing.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy

I'm also involved with a model of Moor Street too which is currently on the exhibition circuit.  We have actually done 2 shows for Chiltern at the actual station (which is a bit surreal).  I am going to do the front entrance yes but as for people I'm going to try for the aliens effect.  By that I mean James Cameron never showed the normal alien in his film and relied on the numbers of them to mask thier individual appearance.  I'm hoping that viewers wont see the individual people, just the crowds.

No shows for a few decades yet but if. Nothing changes I'll let you know

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

Jim Smith-Wright

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

voyager

If that loco had lights on, it would be so close to be eerie in that scale - great stuff!
Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

jim s-w

Hi

I don't normally go for lights as they were so dim in the 1980s that couldn't tell if they were on or not (often it was the latter). However I do have a few locos hat have them so...

Regards

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

voyager

Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

BKLN

jim s-w

Hi All

I do promise that I will get bored with taking pictures under the roof at some point but a few more that I am quite pleased with.

Cheers

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

finescalerr

BKLN

Jim,
the lack of miniature people makes this so much more amazing! Nothing destroys the illusion more than Preiser folks.

Christian

finescalerr

Funny you mentioned that. Last night, when I first saw the images, I was going to ask whether the photographer shot them at a very late hour when nobody was around. But I didn't write that because I thought somebody might think I actually wanted to see figures. Actually, quite the opposite. To my eye, most figures destroy an otherwise excellent scene and even the best can detract from one. The scene looks very convincing just as it is .... -- Russ