• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

P4NewStreet - modelling Birmingham (UK) in the 1980's - 1:76 scale

Started by jim s-w, May 20, 2010, 08:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim s-w

A bit of scruffy track and an image that kinda shows the look im aiming for

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

finescalerr

michael mott

Very nice, the scene evokes childhood memories of the Acton shunting yard in west London.

Michael

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Hauk

Quote from: jim s-w on October 15, 2015, 09:32:47 AM
A bit of scruffy track and an image that kinda shows the look im aiming for

Jim

Excellent!
Happy to hear from you again, I was getting worried...
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

jim s-w

Hi All

Happy new year everyone!

Although I like working with brass I've never built an actual brass locomotive kit. Towards the end of last year I set to work on one, A Judith Edge kit for a little 0-4-0 diesel shunter.
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

Here is the same after paint and in a more realistic setting. The garish livery wasn't something I was looking forward too but it turned out OK
Jim Smith-Wright

jim s-w

While I was in the working with brass mood I also built a Brassmasters kit for a Deeley 0-4-0 Tank engine.  The valve gear was another first for me.
Jim Smith-Wright

lab-dad

Design-HSB

I love brass models they are pure for me modeling, very nice work.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Allan G

jim s-w

Thanks all.

I like the way that (apart from a few castings, wheels and motor/gears) they start out as a few flat sheets of metal.

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past