• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Disassembling a watch?

Started by Ray Dunakin, May 24, 2010, 10:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

Great stuff Dave, I too am very interested.
To get parts out that are riveted, drill out the center of the rivet.

eTraxx

From reading this thread .. I caught myself eyeing the $12 pocket watches at Walmart :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Philip Smith

The vector cut sets are great. Pictures just don't do the product any justice. Save your Walmart money and purchase a set or two from Dave. Heres the loot with a 1/48th sickle.

DaKra

Thank you Philip, its a pleasure to hear back from a happy customer, and to see post office didn't mangle your parcel.  ;D   

Dave

lab-dad

Sorry, I forgot to post my praise too.
They are awesome! ;D
I am looking forward to painting them.

When I got the set of nuts/bolts they came with wrenches.
I showed them to my wife and she commented on the wrenches.
I told her "I have to tighten them somehow!"

-Marty

Frederic Testard

These are great parts, Dave. You're bringing to the market very unusual and beautiful products.
Frederic Testard

DaKra

Quote from: lab-dad on June 08, 2010, 06:37:08 AM

-Marty

Naturally  ;D  I included the wrenches just as a visual gag, was surprised to see Marc's rendition painted so realistically and filling out a grungy tool box.  I will have a tool set out soon.   Thanks again for the feedback and ideas.

Dave   

lab-dad

Please let us know when the wrenches are available.
-Mj

Philip Smith

Quote from: DaKra on June 09, 2010, 05:07:40 AM
Quote from: lab-dad on June 08, 2010, 06:37:08 AM

-Marty

Naturally  ;D  I included the wrenches just as a visual gag, was surprised to see Marc's rendition painted so realistically and filling out a grungy tool box.  I will have a tool set out soon.   Thanks again for the feedback and ideas.

Dave   

What scales Dave? I request a 1/48th set.....

Philip

eTraxx

Got my delivery from Vector Cut .. both sizes of the nut, bolts and washers (and wrenches!), the gears and handwheels .. remarkably excellent :) .. and the O scale manhole covers .. that I went .. "huh" .. checked and sure enough I order O instead of HO. Fine with me .. suppose I will model an O scale scene. Excellent work as everyone else has said.
Ed Traxler

DaKra

OK I'm on a roll  ;D  This set will work in 1/48 to 1/35.  I have a smaller one available for 1/87 to 1/48.

eTraxx

Excellent! One point .. wrenches come in sizes all the way down to .. think the technical term is "teensy" .. so the guys modeling in 1:48 and 1:35 could use the small set also.
Ed Traxler

Malachi Constant

Dang it man!   >:( :( :o 8) ;D

Already have a bunch of your gears and gizmos on the shopping list ... then you go and make these and include reference photos with the appropriate figures ...

So, check your mail for an order for both sets (think both will actually work quite well in the 1/35 garage) ... I've got the peg-board ready ...

And then I'll have to come back for gears and gizmos and stuff ... think your letter sets will work quite nicely for some signs planned for the exterior of the building ... keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

More laser artistry! Does ANYBODY do better work? -- Russ

danpickard

Dave,
Now they do look great.  I really like the half etched work you're doing with things like the spanners and wrenches.  A few more things to add to my growing shopping list of your fine products.  Good to see a manufacturer really listening to what the demands of the modellers is.  Well done.

Cheers,
Dan