• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rozita's Diner

Started by narrowgauger, July 04, 2010, 08:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

suggest you have a look at this wonderful 1:24 scale model of Rozita's Diner at the following site:

www.buntbahn.de/modellbau/viewtopic.pho?t=9628

great character model building with nice details on all sides.  In fact something that out team could no doubt use on some of their layouts & diorama's

Enjoy

Bernard

narrowgauger

sorry team.  too quick on the send finger.

correct address as follows:  www.buntbahn.de/modellbau/viewtopic.php?t=9628

sincere apologies to all and,   yes I will go to the corner

Bernard

Ray Dunakin

I like it... a nice variation from the usual passenger car diner.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

RoughboyModelworks

Very nice Bernard... you can almost hear the cockroaches scurrying around. Thanks for posting the link...

Paul

Ken Hamilton

Cool!  Thanks for the link, Bernard.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

LeOn3

Really nice, thanks for the link.

Leon

Craig_H

I like it  ;D very well done.  Said they used a LGB something?? for the bus. Anyone know what they used??   Craig

eTraxx

Well .. this is what Google Chrome translated the text as ...

QuoteI want to introduce now a small diorama on a scale of 1:22.5.
Following a proposal by Tom Yorke, who has converted one of trams LGB Gnomy in an American fast food (dinner)
Here a disused bus has been converted. The establishment is,
also in line with Tom Yorke, "Rosita's (Diner).
The diorama was built by my brother Jurgen, a talented model builder.
His signature is found in the left rear corner, with the cigarette and the coffee pot is found on all its modules.
The diorama has a size of 25 by 38 cm. Since bus model instead of the E-bay, the guest of Preiser. The rest is homemade.
Look at yourself
Hatty

Think .. he's saying that it was copied after a similar dio by Tom Yorke who used the LGB .. this one by Preiser??
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Craig_H

eTraxx...don't know your name... as you didn't sign your name to your post. I was wondering what model LGB he used as a starting point i did hit translate when i read the post..... converted one of[trams LGB Gnomy]  ??? This is what i don't understand.       Craig

Malachi Constant

Craig --

The "LGB Gnomy tram" was a plastic push-toy, roughly O scale, which Tom Yorke used for his original model that inspired this build.  You can use the following link to see Tom's model, then click the "download Rosita's" link to open a pdf with plans and a photo of the original Gnomy tram:

http://thomasayorke.com/Freebees.html

The 1/24 scale model linked at the beginning of the thread does NOT use a Gnomy tram ...

For the 1/24 scale model, the builder says simply that he bought the bus model on E-bay ... (and I think the word "Preiser" there relates to "prices" not the manufacturer) ...

I think the bus is a 1/24 die-cast model by SunStar ... appears to be the same or extremely similar:
http://www.diecastfast.com/diecast/DCF/PROD/BEDFORD/SS-5007

I do have several 1/24 SunStar die-cast models ... rather decent ... but haven't dealt with that particular vendor ... just a quick way to show the item.  PS -- An ebay search for "SunStar 1/24 bus" brings up a bunch of them ...

So, in summary:
-- 1/48 scale by Tom Yorke = LGB Gnomy tram push-toy
-- 1/24 scale by German builder ("Hatty") = SunStar die-cast bus or something very similar!

Cheers,
Dallas

-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

eTraxx

Quote from: Craig_H on July 06, 2010, 05:54:44 PM
eTraxx...don't know your name... as you didn't sign your name to your post. I was wondering what model LGB he used as a starting point i did hit translate when i read the post..... converted one of[trams LGB Gnomy]  ??? This is what i don't understand.       Craig
Craig. It's Ed. Went and added a sig. Dallas figured it out. It's funny .. some of the East European websites and even some of the German, Chrome will translate so that it sounds almost like English .. but some German it simply chokes. Go figure.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Craig_H

Thanks Ed and Dallas,     I was lost and now i see the light ;D ;D    Craig

LeOn3

Quote from: Malachi Constant on July 06, 2010, 06:51:21 PM
. (and I think the word "Preiser" there relates to "prices" not the manufacturer) ...

Dallas

Dallas,

for "Preiser" he ment the manufacture.

As far as I understand (if my german is still ok), his brother bought the bus on E-bay and the figure is from Preiser  and the rest is scratch built.

Leon

marc_reusser

Geezzz....you guys and the translator programs...it's like that game of "telephone" one played as a kid! ;) ;D ;D

Leon is correct in his translation. (Bus from Ebay/Figure from Preiser)

I think the model and scene is very cool, creative and original....I like those aspects of quite well.....but some of the scene incongruities make no sense whatsoever, and really drive me nuts.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

NORCALLOGGER

Marc,
Thanks for voicing that opinion. 
Glad it wasn't just me.
Rick